Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 28: Becoming more selfless

I was reading a Facebook post by a friend and it said:


"Take the time to change the world for just one person."


That saying really hit me when I read it.  If there is one thing I have learned more over the last little while than ever before, it is concerning the principle of selflessness.  This saying reminds me of selflessness.  Many times we are so busy in our own lives and schedules that we fail to make time, or should I say, leave time in our lives to serve others.  Sometimes in my life, I have found myself being so over scheduled that all I can think about is myself and all "I" have to do.   Life all the sudden becomes all about "me".  I end up feeling so frazzled that I don't possibly have any energy or time left for others.  Not a way to live!!  I have found though, that as I have slowed down and made life and my schedule not all about me, but more about others, I have found a greater feeling of happiness, peace, and fulfillment in my life.  It is a conscious choice we all must make.

This week's challenge: less about me, more about others

  

No comments:

Post a Comment