Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The power of LOVE!!

Although my 35th year is over and I am now embarking on my 36th year, I couldn't say goodbye to the "but a spring chick blog".  I will continue to share bits and pieces of knowledge I learn and thoughts that inspire me to be better and of course...challenges for the coming days.

As yesterday was Valentine's Day (I love this holiday!!), I felt it appropriate to share with you a quote I received in church on Sunday about love.

"LOVE is what inspired our Heavenly Father to create our spirits; it is what led our Savior to the Garden of Gethsemane to make Himself a ransom for our sins.  LOVE is the grand motive of the plan of salvation; it is the source of happiness, the ever-renewing spring of healing, the precious fountain of hope.  As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike LOVE, something wonderful happens to us.  Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger.  We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit."        ~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Think about that...LOVE heals, refines, and strengthens our own spirits.  LOVE also makes us happier, peaceful, and more receptive to the Holy Ghost.  It's all about LOVE!!

The Challenge:  seek to be filled with love and then show that love to others

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog post on Facebook, and thought I'd come over and take a peek. What a great and inspiring idea, love your posts!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete