Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 18-19: New Beginnings

"Count each day as a new beginning.  Only look back on yesterday if there is something you can learn from it to give you a brighter tomorrow & then don't dwell on it!"


This was a quote from one of my friends. This quote is so true.  It really struck me when I read it this week.  I am one that dwells on the past and at times beats myself up over and over again for things I did, or didn't do; for things I said, or didn't say; or for ways I acted that may have not been showing my best self; or for not being the best mother, wife, sister, friend, etc. that I should have been.  I know it is not healthy to dwell on such things, but my human nature kicks in.  


I think of the quote:
"Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."


Each day is a gift and a new beginning to better ourselves and touch the lives of others for good.  I pray that I may not waste away today by dwelling on yesterday, but that I will move forward in faith and embrace the present!


This week's challenge: don't dwell on the negative of yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment