Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 20: Soaking up each moment

I am feeling very sentimental today.  My heart is full of gratitude.  Today is one of those milestone days.  Today was the last day of the school year for my children.  It is one of those days each year that I spend reflecting  upon how my children have changed over the year.  I reflect on all that my children have accomplished, learned, ways they have grown, the experiences they have had that have molded and refined them, and the obstacles they have successfully overcome.  I have to say, I am so proud of each and everyone of my dear children.  They each started out this school year with many firsts and hardships that come with moving to a new city and home and they each have risen above and succeeded.

Today was also a reminder again of how quickly they grow up.  Another year, another grade completed, another chapter of memories for their book and my book of life.  

As I have reflected today, I have been reminded how special and unique this gift of motherhood is in my life and how important it is for me to soak up each and every moment of my children's lives and not take any of it for granted.  As I know, tomorrow will definitely come, more birthdays will occur, they will each get a little older, and another school year will end.  I cannot freeze time, but I can make the most of every moment I have with each of these precious gifts that have blessed my life.  

This week's challenge: soak up each moment I have with my children

No comments:

Post a Comment