Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 22-23: True Love

I love the month of June for many reasons, some of which are; flowers, sunshine, gardens, school being out, sleeping in, more time to play with my kids, trips to the pool or lake, snow cones, fireflies, late movie and game nights, and dinners outside.  I also love June because it is my anniversary month.  Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary.

As June began, my thoughts these last few weeks have turned to my anniversary and how love changes over the years.  I have been thinking a lot about love and marriage and what makes a marriage successful.  I have also been pondering upon what true love is.  Love changes.  I believe that love takes on a different meaning to couples as time goes on.  The love a couple feels at 15 years of marriage is different and has a different meaning than the love felt on one's wedding day.

I found a card that expressed so eloquently what I feel true love is:

"Love has little to do with moonlight and balconies and everything to do with patience, acceptance, and hanging in there.  Love can't always move mountains or change the world overnight.  But it can open its arms at the end of a long, bad day and welcome you home to true belonging.  Love brings a beautiful wholeness.  Nothing else quite compares with the sense of completeness that comes from sharing with that one special person for a lifetime."  


Love is patience, acceptance, enduring, belonging, wholeness, completeness, and may I add, selflessness.  I have asked myself if the love I posses portrays these qualities and if not, what changes do I need to make? As I continue on this year with my journey of bettering myself, I hope to work towards gaining better qualities of true love and then showing that love more to others.

This weeks challenge: to show true, deep love to those I care about and not assume they already know

No comments:

Post a Comment