Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 7: A living Prophet!

This week I was reminded how important the words of the prophets are, both ancient and today.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: lds.org and mormon.org.  We believe that we have a living prophet on this earth to guide and direct us, just like the prophets of the Old Testament.  I am so thankful for President Monson and the other General Authorities that teach me what I need to know while on this earth so that I can return back to my Heavenly Father.

In our church, I am one of the leaders over the children ages 18 months to 11 years old.  This month during Primary our theme is: "Heavenly Father Speaks to Us through His Prophets" and our scripture is: "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken...whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:38)  

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that I have a living Prophet to listen to and to learn from.  I love President Monson so much.  I am making it my goal this week to read a talk from one of the Latter- day Prophets every day and then take into practice what I learn.

This week's challenge:  read a talk from one of the Latter-day Prophets every day

No comments:

Post a Comment