Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 15: I don't know everything, but I know enough!

Lately, as a mother, I feel like I just don't know how to do this parenting thing.  I feel like I am making all of the wrong decisions.  I sometimes feel like a chicken with it's head cut off not knowing what direction to go and how to approach each of my children's needs the correct way.  I often find myself getting down on myself.

Well, today I was given this great quote at my scripture study group that gave me a feeling of peace.  It is by Elder Neil A. Anderson:
"There are...days when we feel inadequate and unprepared, when doubt and confusion enter our spirits, when we have difficulty finding our spiritual footing...remain steady and patient as we progress through mortality.  At times, the Lord's answer will be, "You don't know everything, but you know enough"

It is at those times I need to dig deep and remember what I do know and rely on the spirit to guide me.  

My friend told me that the only thing you need to do to be a great mother it is to always listen to the Spirit.  Boy, isn't that true.  I don't know everything, but I know enough and if I just always listen to the Spirit and follow it's guidance, I can't go wrong!

Tomorrow's challenge:  listen for the Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment