Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 18: Lose yourself in service

It is Valentine's Eve and what a fun day it has been.  I took my own advise today. First of all, I started my day off with a couple cups of water and then drank throughout the day and I have to say, I have had more energy.  Who knows, there may be some truth to the dehydration theory.  Second, I tried to simplify some aspects of my day and focus on my family and it truly has made for a fun day.

I have spent the day in the act of service for my family and friends as I have prepared for Valentine's day.  As I have taken the focus off myself and onto others, I have felt happier and so much joy!

I think of a quote by Mohandas Gandhi:
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others"  


What powerful and true words!

As tomorrow is Valentine's Day, may we share our love as we serve those around us.

Tomorrow's challenge: selflessly serve
   

No comments:

Post a Comment