Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 13: Divine Gift of Gratitude

I had a great day.  Everything just seemed to fall into place.  I know it is because one, I tried to look at everything with a positive attitude and two, I started my day off doing the the right things.  My day began with personal scripture study then off to family scripture study and then finished off the morning with listening to General Conference while running on the treadmill.  

I record conference and then, over the next 6 months, watch it over and over from beginning to end while I exercise.  Today I was on the prophet, President Monson's talk on gratitude.  I was once again reminded of how important it is to have a grateful heart.

Here are a few quotes President Monson states in his talk:  




"My brothers and sisters, do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive?  Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's Love."

"We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts and attitude of gratitude.  If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues.  Someone has said that "gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others."


"My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."


Tomorrow's challenge: write down 10 things I am grateful for

No comments:

Post a Comment